Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Product Smackdown!

     Hi lovies! I am back with a product smackdown and today I will be comparing YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm and Clinique's Chubby Sticks. I personally hate wearing lipsticks. I love collecting them but I feel like lipsticks make my lips look weird. My favorite lip product of all time has to be tinted lip balms. My lips tend to get chapped really easily and lipsticks don't really moisturize them so I am always carrying lip balms in my bag. If I'm going out, I like to put on a tinted lip balm and my favorite drugstore one is by Burt's Bees. However, drugstore ones never have a good range of colors thats why I decided to try some from Sephora.

      Let's start off with Clinique's Chubby Sticks. These come in 8 different colors and what I love about them is the packaging. They look like pencils but you don't need to sharpen them, you just need to twist the bottom and you'll get more product. The color I have is Graped up and it's a sheer plum color. I definitely picked the wrong color because it makes my lips look brown. Anyways, here are the pros and cons:-


Pros
- 8 colors available
- Vibrant Colors
- $15
Cons
- Definely not very moisturizing




     The next product is my favorite! I am talking about YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm. This is my first YSL product and I love it so much. This comes in 6 different colors, all super pretty, and I love the sleek packaging. I have it in the color Succulent Pomegranate. It's a sheer bright pink which makes my lips look delicious! Here are the pros and cons:-


Pros
- 6 colors available
- Pretty packaging
- Smells like candy
- Incredibly glossy and moisturizing
Cons
- $30



Makeup products work differently for everyone. One of my friends loves her Chubby Stick and she actually recommended it to me but it didn't really do much for my lips. I think I'll just stick to my YSL one and I may even buy another color. I know $30 is A LOT for a lip balm but the holidays are coming up and you can always put this on your wishlist. Anyways, thank you for reading this and Stay Beautiful! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment