Friday, December 2, 2011

Best Highlighters!

     Hi loves!! I am back with another post and this time I will be talking about Highlighters. For the past couple of weeks, I have been obsessed with them and today I will be listing my favorite ones. For those of you who don't know, highlighters are the best way to make your skin look glowing, healthy and awake. When paired with a contour, it helps slim down your face and make your cheekbones POP! I personally think they are an essential part of every girl's makeup collection and the ones I will be listing are universally flattering so, if you have sisters or friends, you can always share with them!
     When I was first on the hunt for highlighters, I searched every drugstore and I realized that not many companies make highlighters. The only two companies that actually make them are Physicians Formula and ELF and that was very disappointing. However, MAC and Sephora have plenty of highlighters to choose from. To make your lives a lot easier, here is a list of highlighters you guys might want to try out:-

     The best type of highligther is a liquid one because it leaves your skin looking dewy. My three favorite ones are:-



ELF Shimmering Facial Whip
This is a great drugstore highlighter. Very comparable to Benefit HighBeam. Leaves skin looking dewy with very little shimmer. Only costs $1




Benefit HighBeam
Everyone seems to love this and so do I. It has a pearly finish and it is one of Benefit's best selling products. If you don't want to spend so much money, I would recommend buying the ELF one instead.
Costs $26



Benefit MoonBeam
Same exact thing as HighBeam. The only difference it that this has a golden tint. This is great for women with darker skintones.
Costs $26



If you are not a liquid kind of girl then this next one is perfect for you:-



MAC Cream Color Base in "Pearl"
This shade is universally flattering. Think of it as a cream version of the eyeshadow "Ricepaper." It looks really pretty on the skin but does not last very long. It fades away after a couple of hours.
Costs $17.50




     If you hate both liquid and cream, well then you are just being a brat! But I still love you enough to give you some powder options, preencess, and here they are:-



NARS Highlighter "Albatross"
This is by far the most beautiful powder highlighter I have ever seen. In the pot, it looks like a plain beige powder. However, if you swatch it, you see tiny little golden shimmers which leaves the skin looking beautiful! You can use this as an eyeshadow too!
Costs $27




Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
This is a very versatile product. You can use it as a blush, highlighter, and/or five different eyeshadows! It is on the pricier side but I do think it is worth the money. It comes it a variety of shades to fit everyones needs.
Costs $39





     I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Maybe you can add some of these to your Christmas wishlist! Remember, highlighters are supposed to look really subtle. You might not notice it at first but someone else definitely will. It shows up beautifully in flash photography and in natural lighting. Anyways, thanks so much for reading this. Good luck on finals, everyone! Remember to always Stay Beautiful! xoxox






No comments:

Post a Comment