Thursday, September 29, 2011

All About Hair!

       Hey guys! It's such a cloudy and gloomy day outside so I decided to post something for you guys to read while you are bored. I am so thoughtful =]. Haha. Today's topic is all about hair, my hair to be exact! I get tons of compliments on my hair all the time and as much as I would like to take credit for it, I can't! All the credit goes to my dad for giving me amazing genes and my mom for taking care of my hair.

        When I was younger, my mom was obsessed with my hair! She always put coconut oil in it and even to this day she does that. Coconut oil is so good for your hair. I put it in my hair once or twice a week and let it soak in overnight. The next day, after I wash my hair, it feels soft, silky and looks amazingly shiny. Coconut oil is one thing but imagine walking around all day smelling like raw eggs. Yes ladies, my mommy used to put raw eggs in my hair. Yuck! But after researching the benefits of using eggs in your hair, I want to start doing it again! Eggs are full of protein and the protein helps make the hair follicle stronger which leads to fewer split ends. It also makes hair smoother and that makes it a lot easier to comb your hair because you have less tangles. Another weird thing my mommy used to put in my hair was mayonnaise. It's good in sandwiches and apparently also in hair. Who knew?! Mayonnaise is great as a leave in conditioner, especially for color treated hair, because it adds shine and luster to dry hair. And yes ladies, you can use Hellman's Mayonnaise after you put it in your delicious Turkey sandwich! Lol ok that was a little gross. Sorry! Now look at those cute litle pigtails and unibrow!



          Nowadays, I really don't have that much time to put eggs and mayonnaise in my hair. So I will tell you what I do to keep my hair looking pretty decent. Everyone tells you to shampoo your hair twice or three times a week, no more than that. Why? Because shampooing everyday removes all the natural oils out of your hair. Well I shampoo and condition every single day because if I don't, I feel really dirty. Listen, if shower everyday because your body gets dirty, then you should wash your hair too. That's just my opinion. I use Tresemme shampoo and whatever condidtioner that's in my bathroom. I can't use Pantene, L'oreal, Dove, Herbal Essences or Garnier Fructis because they make my hair fall out. So I have been using Tresemme for the past two years because it works so well for me. I love Tresemme's 24hr Body shampoo because it makes my hair look voluminous and shiny all day.



            We are young and we love to experiment with our hair but me, ehhhh not so much. Curling, straightening, blow drying and coloring is a big NO! I like to keep my hair as natural as possible. I shower every night, comb my hair and let it air dry. I blow dry and straighten my hair maybe 3 or 4 times a year. When I do, I like to use Tresemme's Heat Tamer spray because not only does it smell amazing but also helps protect my hair from the heat. I don't like putting any hair products in my hair. Sometimes I have to put hairspray or mousse, especially if I'm going to a wedding and I want to style my hair a certain way, but I prefer leaving it completely natural on an everyday basis. As for curling, curling irons don't work on my hair. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. I tried curling my hair plenty of times and it never works so I just gave up. I have always wanted to color my hair but I am afraid of ruining the texture of my hair so I have never done it. I am a color virgin LOL. As for cutting, I cut my hair whenever I feel like it. I don't do much except trim it and add a few layers. So, as you can tell, I am not very adventurous with my hair. I like to stay on the safe side because one of my biggest fears is being bald when I am older!



         I would like to thank everyone who think my hair is pretty. It really means a lot to me because my hair is my prized possession. So, Thank you! This post is completely based on my opinion so I don't expect you guys to agree with any of this. I just thought I would share what works for me. Thank you for taking the time to read this and remember, always Stay Beautiful! xoxoxox


                                                                                
                                                                       
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment