Thursday, September 29, 2011

Current Favorite Makeup Products!

           Hi loves! I had been dying to post new topics for the past couple of days but my laptop was, and still is, being sooooooo mean to me! It randomly shuts down, makes weird noises and ugh I need a new one. I'm hoping my dad gets me the MacBook Pro. Once I get that, I can finally start posting up makeup videos on youtube! YaY! Until then, let's chat about my current favs.
       
         For the past couple of days, the weather has been so gross and humid. It's sticky and rainy and I feel too yucky to even put on makeup because it feels so heavy and so...Ewww. However, when I go to school or go out, I have to have a little bit of makeup on because I'm one of those people that need makeup to look pretty =[. So I have been using a couple of products that are amazing for this type of weather.
      
          Let's start with eyes because I think that's my best feature. I know I'm tooting my own horn. Hush! I'm allowed to do it once in a while =P. Anyways, I love to rim my eyes with eyeliner and my favorite one is Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black. It is smudge proof and waterproof and lasts all day, even when I rub my eyes! To make my eyes stand out even more, I picked up a GORGEOUS eyeshadow from MAC called Paradisco. It's a beautiful frosty peachy pink shadow that's perfect for the lids or just the inner corners. It looks very natural and I think it is perfect for fall so I am definitley going to be rocking it all season!


           My skin was so bad during the summer. I had so many breakouts and discoloration and I always had to wear foundation. Thankfully though it did clear up and now I'm just dealing with a few scars. So instead of caking on foundation, I am loving my MakeUp ForEver Full cover concealer. I think I found my Holy Grail concealer. It is extremely creamy but feels lightweight and blends in perfectly. I have a lot of creases under my eyes and all the other concealers I have tried always settled into the creases and made me look weird. This one, however, does not settle into the creases, looks natural and once it dries, it does not budge. I have worn it on a rainy day and all my makeup washed off my face except for the concealer so yeah I love it! I use shade #12 and it matches so well, you can't even tell I'm wearing any makeup. It is a little pricey ($30) but I think it's worth it because a little goes a long way and I think this little squeezy tube will last me months!



           The best way to look fresh and awake is with a little bit of blush. The one I' am loving right now, and recently discovered, is Victoria's Secret's blush in Fresh Love. It's a peach colored blush which looks really beautiful especially on darker skin tones. Pink blushes look clownish against my dark complexion so this is the perfect blush for me. I also love the fact that it is matte and sheer so it creates a really natural look. After applying blush, I like to slim down my chubby cheeks and for that I love to use N.Y.C. bronzer in Sunny. I love it because it's matte, looks natural and does not break me out. It is a dupe for MAC's Gingerly Blush and it's only $2.99 so I think everyone should try it out!

                                                                   
             Now on to the lips! I am not a big fan of lipstick because I find that they dry out my lips so I love wearing lip balm on a daily basis. However, I have been searching for the perfect nude lipstick that is not only moisturizing but also looks good against my skin tone and I finally found it! Hallelujah! It is Victoria's Secret Perfect Lipstick in Wish, a cute nudish baby pink that looks irresistable! YUM! I want to take a bite every time I put it on my lips. I'm weird I know lol. It doesn't last too long on my lips but it feels like a lip balm so I don't mind reapplying it. If you love lipsticks, I suggest you check out VS. Their makeup line is surprisingly good and all their lipsticks and eyeshadows are very pigmented.
             

               I hope you found this post helpful and maybe this will help you add a couple of new products to your makeup collection. Remember, the purpose of makeup is to enhance your natural beauty so don't cake it on and keep it as natural as possible. Thank you for taking the time out to read this post! Stay Beautiful! xoxoxox
                                                       

1 comment:

  1. I miss wearing eyeshadow. I need to find one that looks natural enough to wear everyday. Like maybe a shade darker or should I go lighter? I'm not really sure...

    ReplyDelete