Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hello Makeup Lovers!

     For my first post, I would like to introduce you guys to a very special makeup company called ELF cosmetics. I am sure many of you have heard about them especially if you watch makeup videos on youtube. But for those who are not familiar with this company, let me give you a brief overview.

         ELF, which stands for Eyes, Lips, Face, is a NYC based brand which has now branched out to UK and Australia. They claim that their products are 100% cruelty free so they are PETA approved. YaY! The company has three different lines. They have the regular ELF line, the ELF Studio line, and the ELF Mineral Line. But the best thing about this brand is that they are super affordable! All the products in the regular line are $1. Everything in the Studio Line is $3 and up and everything in the Mineral line is $5 and up. Obviously, the palettes cost more but seriously guys it's dirt cheap! Aigh, enough about this company. Let's get down to the nitty gritty!

      So I came across ELF at Target and to be honest at first I was kind of skeptical because I really didn't think a $1 eyeshadow would be good but boy was I wrong! I bought two eyeshadows and they were like the pans you get at MAC to fill up your palette. The ones I bought are called Golden Glow and Mocha. Golden Glow is such a beautiful gold color. Expremely pigmented, even without a primer, and it was my go-to color all summer. Mocha, on the other hand, will look a lot better on someone whose eyelids are not as brown as mine lol. But it is a golden brown and is great color for the crease and outer corners and would also look amazing as an eyeliner. Just spritz an angled brush with a little MAC Fix+ or water and dip it in the eyeshadow and Voila, the perfect summer eyeliner. 
            Speaking of eyes, no eye makeup is perfect without a nice pair of lashes and ELF has them too for, you guessed it, $1!!!! These are my go-to everyday lashes because they look incredibly natural and they also flare out at the ends to give a beautiful flirty look. And for a $1, you can use them once and throw them away. I would not recommend using the glue that comes with the lashes so instead use LashGrip or Duo lash adhesive.
           Now time for my two FAVORITE products! I know all of you are familiar with Benefit's High Beam highlighter and so many of you rave about it but for $26, it's eh a bit pricey. But fear not my little budget beauties, I have found a NEAR PERFECT dupe for this product and that is ELFs Shimmering Facial Whip. For $1, it's a great highlighter. It come in a little squeezy tube, perfect for travel. It is very comparable to High Beam. It gives the same beautiful glow and it is even better when mixed with liquid foundation. The only difference, besides the price, is that High Beam is a lot more liquidy than the Facial Whip and you tend to use more of it. I have seen it at Target in only 2 colors. The one I have and I recommend for everyone out there is Lilac Petal. It's a pretty pinkish gold color, perfect for all skin tones.
                                                                              
      Last, but not least, my all time favorite product is from their Studio Line. It's the ELF Powder brush and let me tell you one thing, it is AH-MAZING!! I use mine with a liquid foundation and I get such a perfect finish. It is extremely comparable to Sigma's Flat Top Kabuki brush, although I do like this one better. Its densely packed and the bristles are so soft and helps create an airbrushed finish. And for only $3, I would pick this over my Sigma brush any day.

Ok guys, I recommend that you run out right now and try some ELF products and let me know what you think. You can find them at Target, Kmart. and of course www.eyelipsface.com. Wow, I completed my first post! YaY! I hope you guys liked it. I know I rambled a lot but eh that's how I am. Teeehhehehehe. Anyways, Stay Beautiful! Muah!
                                                                 
                                                                            

3 comments:

  1. This was crazy informative, even though I'll never ever use this stuff... =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin, Congratulations on your new blog! This is so well written and informative. I can't wait to see your next post. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!! I'm so glad you started this! I LOVED the information!! :o) GOOD JOB!! Can't wait to read more. <3

    ReplyDelete